Extira is a revolutionary product for exterior applications that performs better than wood or MDF.
Extira panels may look like MDF, but they don’t perform like it. Different ingredients and a patented and proprietary manufacturing process lead to a superior performance.
Extira is easy to work with; can be carved, routed and machined. Resists moisture, rot, and termites. Twice as strong as MDF, Extira is made to be used outside.
Extira has a 10-year warranty.
HGTV’s Curb Appeal: The Block
As the contractor and master carpenter on HGTV’s Curb Appeal: The Block, Chip Wade explains and demonstrates the tools and processes best suited for exterior renovation, landscaping and construction. For the past few years, Chip has turned to Extira Treated Exterior Panels for a wide range of non-structural, paint-grade exterior applications on home renovation projects in the Atlanta area. JELD-WEN had an opportunity to talk with Chip about his experiences with Extira... more
B&M Garage Doors
Mark Brousseau, owner and operator of B & M Garage Doors and Openers in Mississauga, Ontario, purchases Extira panels from Robert Bury & Co. in Brampton, Ontario. Brousseau was so impressed with Extira panels that he wrote to Robert Bury to explain why... more
What are Extira panels?
Extira is a revolutionary, environmentally friendly panel product. Extira panels are specifically designed and manufactured for exterior use, unlike MDF. Extira panels also offer high performance in high moisture, interior environments.
Extira has an unprecedented 10-year warranty that far exceeds competitive panel products.
What are the key benefits of Extira panels?
- Moisture, rot and termite resistant. Treated with zinc borate and manufactured with phenolic resins.
- One piece solid substrate – not laminated.
- No added urea formaldehyde.
- Made using sustainable materials and contributes to industry green building programs.
- 10-year warranty.
For more Extira product information, visit our Features & Benefits page.
What can I make with Extira panels?
- Any non-structural paint grade application for exterior and interior use.
- Extira has been used for exterior millwork such as fluting, rosettes, dentil mould, raised panels; shutters, fenestration (door and window parts); exterior signage; some marine, landscape and nursery applications; underlayment for countertops and many other applications.
Where can I buy Extira panels?
Visit the Where to Buy section for information on where to purchase Extira panels.